Monday, January 4, 2010

Jacob


I just had to make him a collage! He is gorgeous! If you want to see all of his portraits, go to the link over on the side that tells you to click if you want to see the gallery (NielsensFlash)- click on it, then scroll down to Jacob's gallery- Let me know what you think!! =)


Aw man-- it's sideways!! I am so sorry- but I can't fix it on this program-- sorry! Just turn your head-- 'cause it sure is a cute one!! HAHA!!




This is his buddy, Colby-- I met Jacob through their family =)

Oh. my. GOODNESS!!!!! This is one of THE most ADORABLE little guys I have ever seen!! And hearing his sweet little voice makes him EVEN cuter if possible!!

This child will one day have a remarkable testimony, I am sure! Just 3 months after he was born, his Dad was in a near-fatal car accident. He was a basketball coach for a school in South Louisiana and was coming home with the team from a game. It would be MONTHS before he ever made it home. He was in a coma for 4 of those loooong months that his wife and new baby waited for him. No one could see how he could possibly survive such major injuries-- inluding injuries to his brain. But through literally thousands of prayers and the faith of a mustard seed (that I DO believe could move a mountain) he DID come home to his family.
I wish that I could say he bounced right back and jumped back into the role of husband and father just as before-- and believe me-- he WANTS to-- but he still has many obstacles to overcome- some huge-- but that faith is stronger than ever. He has come sooo far in just the year since I met him. He is walking a little on his own and working so hard to do more. He is blind at this time-- but we are praying daily that he will re-gain his sight-- if for nothing else-- to see that beautiful little boy you can see above! He is working hard in speech to try to re-gain the ability to speak to his family (he can speak-- but it is extremely hard to understand him- which really frustrates him). He remembers his life from before, and is fighting bravely to re-gain it. He is truly a fighter -- and has the best wife anyone can ask for... She has never waivered in her faith, or love for her husband-- and for her Lord and Savior that brought them together. I admire her and lift her up in prayer daily. -- As well as her awesome sister that has lived with them to help them out-- and both of their families.

I am not telling you this to get a sad story out--- but so that YOU can contribute to the thousands of prayers that go up for this precious family. Their burdens are heavy at times-- but they turn them over to the Lord, and He has fulfilled them and sustained them. PLEASE, pray for them, to give them strength and encouragement daily. Just pray for Jacob's Mom and Dad-- believe me-- God knows EXACTLY who we are talking about =) They are very close relatives of His! HAHA!!

I had a wonderful time taking these pictures. The sun was SUPER bright - but yet it was icy-cold--- brrrr........

Hope you guys love them!!

I am here if you ever need me-- and pray for you often.

Promise of Joy:
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.
Psalm 28:7

This just reminds me of the sweet, sweet spirit of Jacob's Mom and aunt... Just precious.

2 comments:

MANDI said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Jenifer said...

I love them all!! He is just precious and sooooo handsome! Those eyes are gorgeous!!! Thanks for taking these. I just looked at all of them in your printroom! Great job!