Wednesday, January 27, 2010

L and L




















What a GREAT, GREAT time I had with 2 of my favorite kiddos!!! The weather was GORGEOUS!! We were scheduled for the day before- but it was freezing-- one day really made the difference (that is how it is in Louisiana)!

I have had a session with this family before- but a monsoon came and interrupted that session. And his new-born photos were almost exactly one year ago!! Wow-- time has really flown!!

It just occurred to me that I did not edit a single one in B/W or Vintage before posting-- they were just so colorful- I was excited about them as they are! I will have to post some of my favorites later, after playing with them.

I got to know this sweet family when I taught the little girl. She is a doll and literally hung on every word I said-- she was the sweetest thing!! She will and her family will always be near and dear to me! They are just the kind of people that I felt almost instantly like I had known forever. A sort of kindred spirit. So I am thrilled to get to capture these memories for them and be another small part in them!

Promise of Joy:
My soul finds rest in God alone.
Psalm 62:1


Where does the body find rest?? haha!!! This scripture is so comforting-- but I also wanted to get a chuckle from the mom-- you know how exhausting the 1st year is on a Mom!! Tiring- yet so rewarding- and truly fleeting. I know she cherishes the moments!! =)

3 comments:

mandi said...

i can't get over how much both of them have grown! you're right--- a PRECIOUS Family and a great photographer--- beuatiful moments captured again! great job marge!

Anonymous said...

awesome pics margie , really really good, you are doing so well with this!! i really really need to get kp pictures made,PLEASE!! would be cute to do her and l and maybe all three of them, for grams!! i am truly amazed at your talent, keep up the great work!!

Becky said...

Amazing shots! Two precious children-love them!
Logan looks like she's in her teens and Luke, well, that's all Daddy! Sorry Lori!