Monday, October 6, 2008

My Big Reader






Can you believe my baby- 'H' is reading chapter books????? I am so proud!! She just started 1st grade and is reading like a pro! Of course, she has had some fabulous reading teachers- past and present! They all told me that she would be a strong reader, but I honestly did not see it like I did with 'M', so I was getting a little worried. But man, she really got on it this summer! For those of you who don't know- I am a first grade teacher- so this is my LIFE!! I had even brought home tutoring type things for her- but she showed me real quick she did not need them.

So this picture is of her reading her 1st ever Junie B. Jones book! We are huge fans of Junie B.- and for all of you who have never heard of her- I insist that you go buy one- tomorrow - and read it! Even you grown ups- she is HILARIOUS! The books on CD are even better! What a stress reliever! H and M are always reading the funny parts out loud to me, and we all laugh together.----- We're a nerdy family, huh??

The other pictures are from the same day. I had just gotten another new lens- that I loooove and was playing around with it. The handsome little boy at the bottom is no stranger to this website. He is like my other son. This year he is in my 1st grade class and has proven to be quite a little brainiac! Looks and smarts?? Takes after his Momma! =)