Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweetest Moments






These pictures are of a brand new beautiful baby boy!! He is only 6 hours old and is just PERFECT!! I was honored to get to feed him and rock him on this visit. I sucked in all that sweet baby smell and recalled the sweet times with my precious babies- wasn't that yesterday?? Actually- holding this baby made me feel like it was eons ago since I had one of my own!

The lighting was so very low and terrible in that dim hospital room at night, so I had to just do the best I could. I really need that external flash I have had my eye on- but just haven't broken down and bought. =)

But I thought these pictures were so sweet. I taught this little guys older sister- and she has actually been in this blog before- but it has been a long time ago now. She is just a doll and we forged a very tight bond in that year of first grade. I have never had a child take to me quite like her- she will always be so incredibly special to me- so of course this little brother goes in there by proxy!! I just love this family dearly and thank God for working it out to put us together-- and it was all Him-- and that is another story! =) That year He even placed their sweet grandparents at our church. He is awesome!

Promise of Joy:
For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27


This is way up there on my list of favorite verses! I can not help but use it when I think of new babies. Just a birth all by itself is a true miracle of God. The intricate process of mind boggling. And that is only the physical make up. I can not even imagine the complexities of this one baby's spiritual make up! I believe that God created us for one purpose: to serve Him. If we are not doing this, then we can not be the person God created us to be.
This child has definitely been prayed for by many people. I will continue to pray for him and that God will bless him in every way and keep him close to him to live the life he was created for- just as I pray for my own 2!
We are so glad you are here, baby 'L' - safe and sound!

No comments: