Saturday, October 16, 2010

Senior Maid of Honor!!














I was so excited to do this photo shoot!! It has been a looong time coming! And I felt honored to be a part of this very special day for this family. Their beautiful daughter was recognized as Senior Maid at her high school! What an honor that is! She is truly beautiful on the outside-- and the inside.

This family is very special to me. We are from the same hometown. I have memories of them from way back in kindergarten! The grandmother shown in the picture was one of my favorite teachers in high school. She taught me in Journalism-- and as I told her the other day, I still apply some of her principles to my photo work today. She was one of the sweetest, and kindest women I knew.

Now... Her daughter teaches my son in his gifted math class at school! They have passed on the torch =) And it was neat that we ended up in the same place! Funny thing-- there are THREE out of the like 8 students in that gifted math class whose parents came from the same home town! How strange is that? My son has really enjoyed this class and is making great memories- thanks to a great teacher!

But it is hard to believe that her "baby" is a SENIOR! wow!! And I have to tell you-- I don't think I have EVER seen a daughter look sooooo much like a mother in all my life!! I remember the Mom in high school- and it is shocking at how much they look alike! =)

Thanks, M, for asking me to be a part of this special day! This means so much to me! I looved having a chance to visit with your precious Mom-- so thankds for being late-- hahaha!!! Hope you like them! =)

Promise of Joy:
But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.
Psalm 33:11

2 comments:

mandi said...

wow!!!!! the 2nd is my fav in this set---- she really has grown up to be a beautiful young lady and you captured her beauty well! of course

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!! These just made me want to cry. She is beautiful and you captured her so well!!! I love the pic of her and Lou. I cannot tell you how great these are. Great job again. And wow, she is so Margaret Ann!!!! Beautiful family. Okay I will shut up now, but wow!!!!

Love, sis, Tam