Monday, August 22, 2011

The Lowe's















Where do I even begin describing this wonderful, fun, precious family?!?
I guess at the beginning (from my point of you, anyway =)
The Mom and I go all the way back to kindergarten. I distinctly remember sharing my mermaid toy with my friend,Shannon. We were together every single year from that point on-- along with about 28 of our favorite people. We all got together recently (because of the very sad loss of one of those special friends) and it was so strange to listen to others have the exact same memories as me-- Same teachers, same friends, same events, same goofball stories!! I had forgotten what it was like to be so BONDED with a group!! To be so blessed!!

Then after college, I was hired for my first teaching job- and there was ...Shannon!! I was so excited! I had a wonderful time seeing her do what she was so stinkin' good at-- and she's still going strong!

While we were teaching together she married the man of her dreams-- and now look at their gorgeous family!! I hated that T.J. couldn't be with us for these pictures-- but he is an important and busy man flying an F-16 fighter jet defending our freedom!! So we will excuse him this once!! haha!! But man-- with Nick there he was sure there in spirit-- his mini-me!!

So I was truly HONORED when Shannon asked me to take her family (minus 1) portraits! And sooo excited because that meant I'd get to spend time with her and her little men! And it was wonderful! Those guys are each so different- and her younger one acted just like my boy-- plum silly. Shannon nor I know where they get that from?!??!! haha!! (Truth is... we were BOTH dubbed by Mrs. Jackson in 3rd grade as the class clownS)-- ssshhhh!!! =D

When Mitch got there he loved being around them and asked me when we could see them again. Then about fell out when I told him they live in a foreign country!!!
So it was so very exciting- I had a fabulous time-- and just wish we had more time. And it was, of course, 1000 degrees out and we were melting.

But Shannon- I hope I lived up to your expectations! This is NOT all of them. This is just your sneak peek of my favorites. I will let you know when I have the others where you can see them!

Love and miss you!!

Promise of Joy:
May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

This is my prayer for you and your family, sweet friend. Thank you for sacrificing being with your family here, for your husband to defend my freedom. I am so proud of everything you guys have accomplished together. I know the Lord has His hand on you- and I will be praying that He keeps it there! =)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

As I view the pictures, tears are running down my face. It's not just because your photography skills are so fabulous, but because your journaling tells a great story of friendship over the years. I love it!!!!! Thank you my dear sweet friend. I will cherish these pictures and especially these words forever.