Monday, October 24, 2011

Singley's

















This beautiful family is very special to me! They are about as close to family as you can get without actually being related!
I had a wonderful time spending the afternoon with them. We laughed a lot- as you can tell-- and the girls just played. They loved putting that yellow flower in their hair. They are both so sweet and easy going. It was a perfect (although very windy) afternoon.
Words really aren't adequate to describe what this family means to my parents--and us. The dad is truly like a brother to both of my parents. They have unconditional love and respect for one another. He knows more about my family (and loves us anyway) than any other person. He has been there through everything- good and bad... we are thankful it has been mostly good! And my parents are always there for them. They truly look out for one another. There are few people who can say they have a true friend like they do.
I was honored to capture their memories for them. I love the portraits, and even got a little choked up editing them... weird, I know!! But I felt like I could feel the happiness in the pictures!!

So thank you, P for getting me to take your portraits again! I had a wonderful time with you all. I hope you love them! =)

Promise of Joy:
Eye has not seen, nor ear hear, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.
1Corinthians 2:9


This verse really spoke to me this morning! We think we have things figured out. We think we know what is in our future and have it all planned out. And we are actually satisfied and even look forward to the things that we THINK we know about. It is sooo exciting to me to know that we haven't even scratched the surface on how Awesome God is. We don't even have the capacity to entertain the thoughts of what is in store for us. It makes my insides shake like a small child on Christmas morning (literally) to think of this!! This is part of our JOY as a child of God.
~Don't waste your time in THIS life trying to attain fame and fortune. Spend it getting to know the Lord and growing a relationship that will last through time and eternity. Commit yourself to His ways and raise your family in HIS will. Then one day you and your family may claim all that is promised.

No comments: