Monday, December 8, 2008

Santa






I am enjoying this as long as it lasts!!! These pictures show a little Christmas "magic" to me!

But boy, do I hate when they change their minds on their "favorite" toy as they get up to Santa's lap- the way my 'M' did! The battle is on now! He may be disappointed- but it will be all Santa's fault! HA!!!!

Well- I DO know that Christmas is not AT ALL about Santa- so I want to share with you how I explain it to my 1st graders- and my children. I ask them if they have ever been to a birthday party. Then I tell them to pretend we are going to a boy name Josh's birthday party. We are very excited and know that it is all about Josh and the gifts are for him. But when we get there sometimes there is a clown or magician- some sort of person to entertain us. We love seeing the magician and all the hooplah-- but the center of attention is- you guessed it- Josh- the birthday boy. The clown or magician makes it fun- but it doesn't take anything away from the birthday boy.

Well, that is how we celebrate Christmas- it IS ALL about Jesus and we love Him and thank Him for submitting to such a lowly birth just to grow up and die on the cross to save us from an eternal hell. I allow my children to get 3 things from Santa (that is how many gifts Jesus got). So Santa loosely symbolizes the wise men and the gifts Jesus received. My children defintely know Who Christmas is all about.

My children are the little girl and the little guy with glasses. The 3rd is like a nephew to me. We had the best time. I'll tell more about our day later.

Promise of Joy:
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ our Lord.
Luke 2:11


Praise be to God!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my--- i see the magic too!!! i love love love theses pics with santa!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you! :(